Monday, December 17, 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shines review, photos, swatches



ROUGE COCO SHINE makes an irresistible desire for lightness flit over your makeup. With its mischievous touch, it glides over lips with all the charm and freshness of a snapshot. 


As melt-away as a balm, its lip-embracing texture becomes fluid on contact with the lips and provides a stunning wet effect with natural shine. Deliciously fresh and tender, it delivers an unforgettable sensation of well-being. 



Lips are enveloped in the incomparable comfort of continuous 8-hour-long hydration thanks to the Hydratender complex, the secret of softness of the ROUGE COCO range.



Sparkling with vitality, your smile takes on sheer colour, from candid beige to tangy red.

ROUGE COCO SHINE comes in 18 shades infused with luminosity so that your smile adapts to every emotion and desire of each day. 
From her first successes to magical encounters, their names tell the story of Coco Chanel at the dawn of her destiny. 



Collect colours to your heart’s desire!










Chanel Rouge coco shines are by far my favorite lipsticks. I love sheer and glossy texture. I can't wear opaque lipsticks or matte ones because I have extremely dry lips. Also the shape of my lips is kind of odd so anything with full coverage just looks weird. I love wearing either glosses or lipsticks like Coco shines - with a balm texture, shiny and glossy.

What I also like about them is easy application, fool proof. Sometimes I wear them alone or I apply them over the lip balm.

Does it really hydrate for 8 hours? I do not think so. First of all it does not stay on lips that long. I would say 2 hours maximum. But I do not believe in long staying lipsticks, they always dry out lips terribly. Some of the shades have shimmer in it but does not show up on lips or barely. It gives nice natural shine, no gritty glitter.

I love how most of the shades and their names have story behind it.






Among the ones I have my favorite shade is Boy. Actually this is my favorite lipstick ever. It is MLBB color, so easy to wear and combine with anything. I will repurchase it and I hope they do not discontinue it. It's very hard capturing the right color it always looks weird in photos I've seen online. It has beautiful tiny blue shimmer in it.








 L-R : Monte Carlo Liberte, Evasion, Boy, En Vogue



 Swatches on NC20, Chanel Beige 20, Lancome Buff2w, NARS Deuville, Dior 021 skin with a flash. 

From L-R : Monte Carlo, Liberte, Evasion, En Vogue, Boy



As you can see in photos above even when the color looks bright it transfers very light on skin, all of them are wearable. Monte Carlo is me trying to wear something close to a red lipstick, Boy is the best MLBB shade, En vouge and Evasion are beautiful for summer. Liberte is overall nice coral shade.

 I still want some of the pink ones but every time I've tried them I was not wowed. They are either too pink or do not show up at all. 




2 comments: